Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC):
DEFINING GATES – THE BATTLE OVER TERRITORIES
Dr. Paul Enenche
WHAT ARE GATES?
1. Gates are meeting places for principal, relevant and valuable people of the land (Gen. 19:1; 23:10; 34:20; Deut. 21:19; 22:15; 25:7; Jer. 39:3; Dan. 2:49; Prov. 31:23)
As the seed of Abraham, possessing the enemy’s gates implies that we are to be the principal, most relevant and valuable people in the land in any area and domain
2. Gates are places of verdicts, decisions, transactions and judgment (Deut. 22:24; Ruth 4:10-11)
Nobody is permitted to decide where you worship or not worship; the earth is the Lord’s
3. Gates are places of supply, wealth and commerce (2 Kings 7:1; 2Sam. 23:15-16; Neh. 2:13; Ex. 11:3; 12:36; Prov. 13:22; Eccl. 2:26)
As the seed of Abraham, possessing the enemy’s gates implies that God desires to handover to us the marketplace of the ungodly
It is those who have the gold that make the rules
You shall possess the gates of the enemy means that we are in charge and not begging them for anything
4. Gates are places of defence and security (2Sam. 18:24; 2Chron. 26:9; Acts 12:23-24)
The enemy cannot determine our safety or survival, we are to determine their safety and survival
No wicked man is wicked enough to take you out of this life before time
Not everybody is touchable, harmable or harrassable
5. Gates are places of territorial control (Josh. 6:1; 2Sam. 19:8; Deut. 2:24-25; Dan. 10:12; 1Kings 18:22-24; 1Sam. 17:43)
When God said you are to possess the gates of your enemy, it implies that He is giving you enemy territories to control
There is battle for territorial control between the forces of light and the forces of darkness
1. Be Kingdom-purpose minded
2. Be battle conscious
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory, in Jesus’ Name
Father, take me to the gates of influence and relevance in my generation, and use me as an instrument to raise people of relevance and influence in my generation, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, take me to the gates of decision. Raise me as an opinion leader and decision maker in my generation, and help me to raise more people like that in my generation in Jesus’ Name!
Father, I make demands on the gates of resources and supply. I step in there for myself, my constituency and those I represent, in Jesus’ Name
Father, I shall never be at the mercy of the enemy. I take delivery of the gates of safety and security from the enemy. The enemy shall never determine my survival, I shall determine their survival in Jesus name. Amen
Courtesy: DIGC Facebook page.